GSoC Application Code

Hi everyone! My name is Casey Ryan, I’m a 2nd-year undergraduate student studying computer science at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, in the United States. I am interested in the OpenFn/core Metrics project, and have been researching solutions, familiarizing myself with the codebase, and drafting a project proposal.

According to the DIAL Guidelines, I need to submit a code sample relevant to the project. I was wondering if there are any guidelines/restrictions as to what I can do for this? I plan on finding and fixing some JS/TS/Node related issues in the OpenFn repos on GitHub, but I wanted to check here first to see if the developers have any recommendations, or want me to only do issues in OpenFn/core, or anything else like that.

Thanks for your time!

Hey @caseyryan22465 sorry for the late reply. Amazing that you are looking through the code to familiarize with yourself. There is no restrictions and you are free to propose what you find suitable. You can work on the issues in GitHub but don’t limit yourself if you find more attractives fields or topic to address while you read the documentation.

I would also suggest seeing example of usage to play around a bit

1 Like