Has anyone been able to use an HTTP callout in a Salesforce job successfully? We are investigating the utility of a tool called what3words (www.what3words.com) and I was hoping to be able to make a callout to their API to convert GPS coordinates to the three-word location. I think this is the next frontier for us being able to truly pull together a network of various APIs with Salesforce as our central hub (FOREX rates, locations, etc.) and also being able to provide that information back to the field via CommCare.
Ideally, the flow would look something like this:
- CommCare survey is completed and captures the GPS coordinates 8.9631703,38.7081048.
- CommCare sends the survey JSON to OpenFN.
- OpenFN job kicks off and makes the HTTP callout to the W3W API to convert 8.9631703,38.7081048 to a three-words location.
- W3W returns “divided.required.wasps” to OpenFN.
- OpenFN pushes divided.required.wasps into a field into Salesforce.
Any experience with this?