Self host openFN

Hello Guys.
I would like to know if there is a documentation on how to self host openFN. meaning if there a software I can download and install it on my own servers.
Thank for your help

1 Like

Hi @djibril ,

Thanks for asking! The short answer is that you can self-host OpenFn/microservice which allows you to run OpenFN projects (jobs, triggers, and credentials) using entirely free and open source software (FOSS).

The longer answer is that we’ve got lots of documentation on how to plan for deployment and explanations of the various software that’s included in the FOSS OpenFn Integration Toolkit. The Toolkit includes microservice, core, engine, devtools, and dozens upon dozens of adaptors, but at the time of writing* it does not include the web UI you use at OpenFn.org.

In order to host the web UI from OpenFn.org on your own servers, you’ll need a software license from Open Function Group (OFG). This isn’t hard to do, but there are software costs associated with self-hosting that are similar to those found at OpenFn.org/pricing.

Hope this helps. And if you’re keen on self-hosting the web UI, please do contact enterprise@openfn.org.

Best,
Taylor

* I say “at the time of writing” because OFG, the company that’s built and funded most of the open-source integration toolkit thus far, is currently working on developing a new business model and partnership model that would allow us to take the entire web UI open-source. So… watch this space and please feel free to be vocal if you’re interested in either helping out with that transition or merely want to know when it’s completed!

2 Likes

Thank you @taylordowns2000 for your reply

Hey @djibril , hope you’ve been well! Wanted to point you (and other readers of this thread) to a new thread in the “Self hosting” category: Specs for self-hosting Lightning

If you’ve got thoughts on the ideal specs or notes from how you’re working with OpenFn locally, please add them there for the community!

1 Like

Thanks a lot will try it

1 Like

Hi OpenFN community , is the openFN platform out of the box solutions, i am newbie to this community, We are the digital health solutions provider based in Nepal. Can we host the solutions based in Nepal based server. Need input here. Thank you in Advance.

1 Like

Welcome @SunyaEK . Yes, you can!

Start here: Deploy: Planning

Taylor